Monday 22 October 2012

Rämasetu in Dhanushkoti

Rämasetu in Dhanushkoti

To reach Dhanuskoti, one has to walk three km along the shores. When I visited the place taking a taxi from Rämeswaram, I was not aware of the 1964 devastating cyclone. I wondered why such a significant place was so poorly connected. I wanted to have the glimpse of the Rämasetu naturally, if it was possible. Having come to Rämeswaram, I could not have gone back without seeing Dhanushkoti.

Naturally, the trip and the experience was rather disappointing, scary and confusing. I walked along the shores. The waters of Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea were indeed distinct.




Coming back to civilisation, much later I read about the 1964 cyclone in a newspaper. I satisfied myself by seeing the NASA images.







Why am I labeling Dhanushkoti under Temple-Architecture. Because it is of significance. When I start documenting north India subsequently, I will be covering River/s, Trees etc. Secondly, isn’t Ramasetu of archaeological importance?

***
Work in progress
***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Srimad BhagavadGita Chapter - 10

Previous Chapter                                                                                                                           ...